No doubt this beautiful city offers a lot. It has some very delicious treats and also has a great architecture to showcase. But in the hassle of large Delhi population, it is very important to have things planned out. I will account you with some of the things you should take care off and will give you a Delhi guide on the following points:
- Connectivity to Delhi. (Delhi railway station, Delhi airport).
- Top Delhi 5 star hotels as well as hostels.
- A Delhi Guide to travel in the city. (Delhi metro route, Delhi bus route, etc).
- General Information about Delhi. (Online food delivery apps, etc).
Connectivity to Delhi
Delhi has its own international airport is the largest airport in India. It is connected to almost all domestic as well as international airports across the world. For more information visit here.
The best app to book flight ticket in India: MakeMyTrip, Paytm.
Delhi railway station is one of the busiest railways stations in India and also is well connected to every city in India. Most of the Shatabdi’s has a stop at Delhi railway station. Railways obviously are the best way to travel as it is comfortable and cheap.
Apps to book Railways: IRCTC, PAYTM.
Road journey has always been a classic way to spend holidays with loved ones. Well, Delhi is the center of major national highways such as NH1, NH2, NH8, NH10, NH24 and also is connected to almost all major cities.
Distance from major cities: 260 km from Jaipur, 235 km from Chandigarh, 1153km from Mumbai, 201 km from Dehradun, 270 km from Shimla.
Best Hotels and Hostels in Delhi
I will give you Delhi guide on best hotels and hostels and they include 5-star hotels as well as affordable hostels.
Delhi 5 star hotels
- Avg Pricing: INR 10,602(148$)
- Service: Excellent.
- Location: 19 km from the airport.
- Rating: 4.7.
- Avg Pricing: INR 10,000(135$)
- Service: Excellent
- Location: 9 km from the airport.
- Rating: 4.2
- Avg Pricing: INR 8000(112.5$)
- Service: Excellent
- Location: 14.96 km from the airport.
- Rating: 4.5
Other Good 5 star hotels are The Leela ambiance, Radisson Blu Paschim Vihar, Le Meridien.
Oyo provides best budget hotels under 1000 rs so you can book hotels from it and also it gives great discounts.
Best Hostels in Delhi
- Avg Pricing: INR 1000(14.02$)
- Address: S39 A Third Floor, Panchsheel Park, New Delhi, Delhi 110017•099718 23935
- Rating: 4.5
- Avg Pricing: INR 800(11$)
- Address: D-920, Block D, New Friends Colony, New Delhi, Delhi 110025•098118 17864
- Rating: 4.7
The Hosteller Delhi
- Avg Pricing: INR 600(8$)
- Address: 123, 1, Mehrauli – Badarpur Rd, Saidulajab, Saiyad Ul Ajaib Village, Saket, New Delhi, Delhi 110030•098101 87717
- Rating: 4.3
Look out for more backpackers hostel here
Delhi Guide to travel in the city
You have to be really careful while choosing ways of traveling in the city. In my experience, I have faced hard times traveling through roads as they are too congested and overcrowded. So when you travel through roads I suggest to book OLA, UBER all the time and don’t go for private taxis as they are not trustable. Other ways to travel are Delhi metro and Delhi local bus services.
Delhi metro route
Metros are the best way to travel in Delhi as roads are overcrowded. Delhi metro has two option either you make a card in which you can top up, or buy tokens for each ride. Here is the metro map of Delhi.
Delhi bus route
There are low floor buses running all over the city, they are air-conditioned as well as normal ones, the fare is very cheap. Here you can find the bus route of Delhi.
Self Drive rentals
“Zoomcar” is the best self-drive rentals at affordable rates. Also, revv cars can be an option.
General Information about Delhi
Online Food Delivery Apps: Online food delivery apps are the best when you don’t want to step out of the hotel. They cover almost all the good restaurants and places. So you can order some tasty treat whenever you have a craving. They also provide great offers that would save some extra bucks. Some popular food ordering apps are:
Some famous malls where you can shop
- Location: Tagore Garden, West Delhi
- Closest Metro Station: Tagore Garden
- Opening hours: 11 am to 10 pm
Select City Mall
- Location: Saket District center, South Delhi
- Closest Metro Station: Malviya Nagar
- Timings: 10 am to 11 pm
Other malls are DLF Promenade Mall, DLF Emporio Mall, Ansal Plaza Mall, Ambience Mall, TDI Mall, etc.
Check Out>Best Places To Visit In Delhi City
Check Out>Things To Do In Delhi
Have a happy and safe journey.~youngtraveller